Pages

02 September 2026

Learning patience - 2

 While there are spaces and places wherein I still need to acquire the virtue of patience (maintaining my equilibrium), there are other times and places that I've really learnt the art. I can now boast, to a certain extent, of 'waiting it out' with grace, in or on such occasions... 

calmly walking up and down the railway platform, waiting for an already delayed train to arrive, with co-passengers literally swearing at every other person, because the train has not yet arrived. 

doodling or scribbling away on my notepad waiting in the parlour, for the patient or colleague undergoing a surgery or attending a session, and is supposed to have been out an hour ago, but is still to come out

at hospitals or government offices or courtrooms, awaiting for the concerned official to turn up, leave alone review my file or case! 

waiting for the unending sermon to conclude, having heard the preacher use the phrase 'the last point' or 'last of all' for a dozen times already, almost 30 minutes ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...