Pages

25 April 2020

The Emmaus journey

The passage of the Emmaus journey, never fails to inspire me and offer new insights, everytime I read or hear it.

What I found interesting this time was the fact that Jesus joins them on their journey! It is not Christ who is leading the way or taking them somewhere He intends to go.  Rather it is he who is joining them on their path. He goes in to their home, at their invitation.  He does not take them back to Jerusalem or to the places where and what he is explaining about. 

This insight very well fits in with my favourite perspective with regard to God's presence with us and the notion of prayer.  God does not drag us to places, we do not wish to go to.  Rather he accompanies us.  It is therefore best not to ask God to accompany us in our life's journey - He already and always is!  The best thing we can do is ask ourselves, 'Do I feel His presence with me, with us?'  The prayer then, is a conversation with this God whose presence I feel with me, always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...