Pages

11 November 2019

Prayer for TODAY (John XXIII)

Rummaging through my mails for the password to a long abandoned blog, I came across the following prayer sent to me by Fr Lens, in 2009...

PRAYER FOR TODAY 
by Pope John XXIII 

Today I will just do my best 
to live this day itself 
without trying to solve 
all the problems of my life. 

Today I will try to go 
Where I would rather stay away’ 

Today I will avoid two things: 
Excessive haste, and indecision 

In spite of appearances to the contrary 
Today I will put my faith 
in God’s presence at my side. 

I will not let me get discouraged 
By the idea that I have to keep it up 
All the rest of my life.

Two immediate lessons or intercessions for my TODAY: 'avoid indecision' and 'faith in God's presence at my side'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...