Pages

26 August 2019

With joy

One of the best things a life without heavy (or any!) responsibilities is that there is no strict timetable one has to follow.  I can spend any amount of time for anything I deem fit without worrying if I'll be late for another task.  I realized this while visiting Fr Dan at the hospital the last couple of times in the past week.  He really missed the confreres from his community; but given the state of affairs, it was difficult for them.  Those who can move, have their hands full and hence cannot spend much time with him at the hospital.  Those who are free, cannot move - literally!  They are more or less like him, with the only difference being, they are confined to the bed or the crutches, but at home! 

While with Fr Dan I had nothing else to worry about.  I realized that's the best I could do.  Just being with him when he is lonely and weak.  Also the best I could for others.  I cannot share their workload but can certainly do this bit of being present for one among them.  However, I was with Fr Dan, more as a kind of in appreciation and gratitude for his kindness towards me in the confessional over the past couple of years.  He has been the one I've been to most for my confessions since I came to this place.  He has offered me his support and guidance whenever I approached him and now when he needs some support and I'm able to, why not! With joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...