Pages

24 September 2018

Musical history

Only last night did I discover that most of my favourite music bands were from Ireland!  The Corrs, Boyzone and Westlife.  All from Ireland. 

My exposure to contemporary English music began when I was at Nashik for my Masters' in Philosophy.  Till then, it was glorious Hindi music only.  Some occasional Konkani songs which Papa played at home. But they were almost by-heart given the fact that there were a couple of which Papa liked and they were on eternal replay mode! 

The only two audio cassettes I ever bought: one of Shammi Kapoor while on a school excursion to Delhi (that was for Papa) and the second one of The Corrs while at Pune for a course at JDV.  Not sure if I bought another one, while at Kondadaba.  But if I did, it was of Westlife.  Then there were some occasional songs I liked here and there but as for these three bands, I somehow liked almost all their songs. 

That said, ABBA and Boney M. were the best!  Literally grew up listening to these songs while at home. They were in Dad's collection which he received from the German family he worked for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...