Pages

07 September 2017

Kitchen feat

Yesterday was the first time that I prepared meal for the whole community, all by myself.  Well, I cannot honestly claim that I 'cooked' it all, but at least 'assembled' it.  And by all standards, given that there was Mass right before the supper, the meal turned out good.  Everyone was up for morning prayers and meditation this morning and all seem well!!

Luckily setting up a meal here in the UK is no big hassle.  Since practically everything comes packaged, one just needs to follow the instructions on the label to prepare it for consumption.  Moreover, there are quite a few tit-bits that Katie has left in the deep-freeze.  So it is only a matter of having the right mixture of things and serving it out in some 'design'.  And all the left overs serve good enough for me to have for breakfast and lunch the next day.

Initially I thought gender is not a criteria for division of labour here in the UK.  But from my little interaction with the few whom I've come to know, it is not so.  But certainly kitchen and the frying pan are not among those in contention!  Good for everyone!
Representation only... would not risk the lamb! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...