Pages

02 September 2017

Apples and orchids

Two weeks ago I got a chance to have a look at the garden belonging to the parish priest of Egham.  He had moved out and the new one had not yet come in.  Since Fr John's flat at the University opens up into this garden, I took the chance to have a walk around it.  It was quite beautiful.  It was the first time I saw an apple tree with apples on it!  I hear that the new parish priest is not interested in the garden and hope to meet him sometime and ask permission to pick up some plants and seeds from there for our Salesian gardens!
I also found an orchid plant flying about in the portico!  It had a lovely flower too!!  I was shocked to see such a beautiful plant abandoned there like that.  I brought it home with me.  Once home I began to search online to find out more about the plant.  It had purple leaves and a pink flower!  No amount of searching yielded me the right result... till I discovered that the leaves were purple due so severe sunburn!  I almost ended up doing my ph.d on reviving orchids!!  As of now, I've repotted it and it sits on my window across my table.  Hope it survives and blooms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...