Pages

11 November 2015

Work and Play

Tom Sawyer's definition of work and play:
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do. 
Here's an extended explanation:
There are wealthy gentlemen in England who drive four-drive horse passenger coaches twenty or thirty miles on a daily line, in the summer, because the privilege costs them considerable money; but if they were offered wages for the service, that would turn it into work and then they would resign. 
My personal take:
Work, if involving children, is play... of course, for the children; but for the adults it is double-work! At my parents' home, Mummy 'works' only after my niece and nephew have gone to bed. As long as they are around, they are adamant to 'help' and eager to do the work, but in the end it is such a fiasco that Mummy has to spend more time cleaning and redoing. Same here at Navajeevan home with the boys. Easier, faster and better if I do the work myself than ask the boys to do or help me.

But...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...