Pages

05 November 2013

Out to take care of the world...??

As part of the invitation drive I'm on, for our upcoming Seminary day and Jubilee of Fr Rector and Wilson, I met a certain Doctor who was very helpful and kind to one of our community member a couple of years ago.  He did nurture back one of our confreres with great skill and gentleness.  Of course, the confrere is no more in our community.  Unfortunately his health is deteriorating, mostly due to lack of proper assistance and follow up.  The first thing the good Doctor asked me when I met him was, "How is ________?" I didn't want to tell lies to him and told him that he's not in the best of health.  He certainly didn't look happy to hear that.  He made a very profound statement,
How can you people who claim to make other people's lives better and the whole world better, do so when you cannot properly take care of your own? 
When I told him that in religious life not all get to make all possible decisions, he understood the point and mellowed down a bit.  But his anguish was clear for anyone to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...