Pages

17 November 2013

My epitaph

Yesterday evening working in the Parish, trying to set up stage backdrop for today's Holy Mass, I was struck by the number of plaques stuck to the newly built stage. It contained all the names of the different people who contributed in cash towards the building of the stage and the grotto beside it. In jest I told the Brothers working with me, "Only one Our Lady and one stage but so many names!"

This morning as I made my way to the Church to participate in the Holy Mass, I saw a rather large flex put up at the foot of the hill (the Parish being atop the hill). It was put up as a welcome board for the Archbishop was the chief guest of the day.  And below the photo of the archbishop was the photo of the guy who made it and put it up - a local politician!

I always found it very odd and strange when people are keen about this kind of publicity for the acts of charity they carry out. One of the Sisters working along with us on the stage last evening, was pulling my leg and for jest reading out the names of the donors on the plaque and in between she was 'reading' out my name too! I replied, "Not even on my epitaph, do I wish my name be engraved!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...