Pages

06 October 2013

God as prisoner

While putting down my own reflections about the course on Philosophy of God, it struck me that perhaps my students and I were reading from two different books for our course... not literally but figuratively.  While they were all the time 'acting' as God's soldiers, I was the only one playing the devil's advocate.  Of course, they know that well. But they don't want to see themselves do it ... perhaps they're too frightened to lose or even question their faith or God.  So what I ultimately did during the whole course was not give them some philosophical or grand ideas about God, rather all that I did was try to 'cleanse' their idea of God!  I did my best to help them let go of their God and live with him rather than have him chained and imprisoned within!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...