Pages

02 October 2013

A b'day prayer for Fr Lens...

After long I wrote a letter today... a b'day note to dear Fr John Lens. I enclosed in the envelope a small prayer card I happened to find in my table drawer and which I felt was a very apt prayer for Fr Lens... I also know very well that he'd pass it on to others... just like, my brother and I, were the beneficiaries of many a stamps, holy pictures, puzzles and games which he'd generously give away to us boys, way back during our school days at Don Bosco, Sulthan Bagh.

Here's the prayer I prayed for Fr Lens:
I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard 
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word. 

I didn't ask for wealth or fame,
I knew you wouldn't mind, 
I asked Him to send treasures
Of a far lasting kind. 

I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of the new day
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way. 

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small
But it was for His loving care 
I prayed for most of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...