Pages

07 December 2011

Intellectual impotence

Did you know the reasons for divorce? Well, I thought that I had them all figured out, more or less, till this evening when I was going through the paper of one of my students. Speaking about the reasons for divorce in Hindu tradition here's what I was 'enlightened' with...
The grounds for divorce among some early Hindu groups were ill-treatment, continual quarrel, importance of husband...
On showing him this flaw, he looked at me with such equanimity that I felt ashamed! He was totally oblivious of what 'importance' meant in this context, and as for 'impotence' it goes without saying he had absolutely no clue as to what I was talking. For such is the intellectual impotence of some great guys!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, what he unintentionally wrote is quite true. The undue importance given to the husband in a marriage and the resultant discord is one of the reasons for divorce; at least in modern times.

    As for impotence, :D well, that is ancient history.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...