Pages

08 September 2020

Happy b'day Mother Mary

 Received a photo from home with the following b'day drawing with another colourful handwritten note.  It was meant for Mother Mary on her b'day.  Mum told my niece Anet, the artist and author to send it to me so that I could convey the wishes which were written in English to Mother Mary.  By the time I called back home in the evening, Anet was convinced that Mother Mary did not have a language barrier!!  She knew all languages, nonetheless I managed to convince her to prepare her next greeting in Konkani.  What convinced her was my argument that everyone writes and talks to Mother Mary in English, very few in Konkani.  


All of this just to get her to learn some Konkani - our mother tongue. As it is, my brother's and my konkani is bad. Anet's is hilarious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...