Pages

03 September 2020

Baby shower

Re-watched the hindi movie Hum aapke hain koun... the first time I watched it was with a classmate of mine, Rajeev.  We went to a theatre in Secunderabad.  That was the first time we, my brother and I, watched a movie in a theatre, with anyone other than our parents. I still remember Willy and I went to Rajeev's house and when we arrived there, he was still sleeping.  His sister who answered the door was quite surprised to see us and her spontaneous statement was "They are so small!" Indeed compared to Rajeev, we were pygmies!!  

Anyhow, what caught my attention in the movie as I sat through it was the grant celebrations of the wedding and baby shower.  Then there is the tradition of the baby shower being attended by only the ladies!  When I was in the provincial house, Sheeba, was one of the consistent members of the DB Digits office. When she was carrying Grace, her first child, in all her ignorance, she invited me for her own baby shower ceremony.  Later I asked Rani (the Economer's secretary) as to when the house staff plan to go, so that I can join them and she replied with a hearty laugh, "Brother, it's meant only for ladies!!" 

It all came back to me when I came across this particular amusing cartoon of the nativity scene... no wonder why men are not allowed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...